CarDon & Associates is known for short-term rehabilitation following illness, injury, surgery or other challenges. As at each of our communities, rehabilitation is an integral service at Carmel Health & Living Community, and available as an inpatient or outpatient service. Our outstanding nursing and therapy teams have the knowledge, skills and experience to guide people through successful short-term rehabilitation and the post-rehabilitation recovery processes.
Our goal is to help each person return home at their highest level of functioning as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Our short-term rehabilitation program specializes in treating people who have experienced cardiovascular, neurological, or orthopedic challenges such as strokes or hip fractures. In addition, our short-term rehabilitation staff provides numerous therapies, including:
- VitalStim for swallowing impairments
- Respiratory therapy
- Intravenous therapy
- Anodyne therapy for treating neuropathy, wounds, chronic pain, and arthritis
- Accelerated Care Plus (ACP) to speed recovery and reduce pain and swelling following joint replacement surgery
- Post-acute rehabilitative care for stroke, heart attack, amputation, balance dysfunction, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and other neuromuscular diseases
STARS (Specialized Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Services)
The STARS program available at Carmel Health & Living and other CarDon communities focuses on inpatient and outpatient short-term rehabilitation. Through cutting-edge therapies, person-centered care, and attention to every detail, this special program helps bring people to their optimal health and functioning as quickly as possible.
At the center of our STARS program is our modern, fully equipped therapy gym with over 5,000 square feet of active therapy space, including the latest in treatment technologies and an indoor walking area.
Individualized inpatient rehabilitation programs follow physician protocols and feature a flexible length of stay in a large private suite with kitchenette, flat screen television, and private bath with walk-in shower.
Our dedicated staff works hard to make sure your short stay with us is as accommodating as possible and your transition back home is smooth. We provide home evaluations and coordinate resources for the post-rehabilitation phase to ensure your safety and quality of life as you return home.
Our physical, occupational, and speech therapists are known as much for their positive outlooks as for the positive outcomes they take pride in assisting. Our rehabilitation staff works in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social workers, nutritionists, the individual and family members to develop a customized personal care plan.
Accommodations, Services and Amenities
We are proud to offer more than simply the best possible medical treatment to support your recovery. We provide the comforts of home throughout your temporary stay, including:
- Open visitation hours
- Pre-arranged pet visits
- Large private suite with kitchenette, flat screen TV, and private bath with walk-in shower
- Laundry services
- Three delicious meals daily and snacks, including special diets
- Local telephone and cable TV provided
- Wi-Fi throughout
- Fully equipped therapy gym
- Assessment and development of personalized care plan
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- *Home Transition Program for a successful, safe return home
- Beauty salon and barber services available
- Social and support services including assistance with insurance
- Medicare approved – certain requirements must be met for Medicare to cover a short-term rehabilitation stay
- Most insurances accepted, as well as private pay
*Our Home Transition Program
For residents who are transitioning home, our innovative program fosters confidence and independence through helping residents practice and regain daily living skills, such as cooking, bathing, and dressing. We provide community re-integration and home evaluations to help ensure a successful and safe return to the home environment. A home visit while the resident is still in our care provides a safety check and recommended adjustments. Plus, our staff provides advice and counsel to residents and their families with a focus on the individual’s wellness and independence.